Closing Date: 18th April 2014
Job Title: Office Administrator
Salary: £14,700 (Meets minimum Glasgow Living Wage)
MadeBrave® is on the hunt once more, this time for a talented and ambitious Office Administrator to come and join our ever-growing family. We will be hiring through the Commonwealth Jobs Fund. To find out if you’re eligible to apply click here.
We are a creative bunch here at MadeBrave®, whose combined heads often brim over with thoughts and ideas and as such, we need a super organised and highly efficient Office Administrator to gather all those spillages and organise them into a nice, neat pile.
This is the ideal position for someone with an interest in design, looking to break into the creative industries. You’ll be joining an award winning company whilst learning the ropes of a digital design agency. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and join a highly motivated team of MadeBravers. This could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship, and we hope to have you part of our growing team soon.
You will be reporting to the Business Operations Manager and working closely with the Studio Manager. Daily tasks will include:
- Answering calls, e-mails and enquiries; diverting traffic, keeping on top of all correspondence and acting as first point of contact to visitors of the company.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the studio, ordering/purchasing supplies, liaising with the landlord for any building/maintenance issues, keeping areas organised, stocked and presentable.
- Overseeing suitable filing systems for important documents, equipment, office supplies, etc, and managing the lending of any equipment where applicable.
- Managing petty cash, monitoring company subscriptions/accounts, liaising with bookkeepers and accountants to ensure all financial processes are up to date.
- Acting as a HR representative for company employees, monitoring staff holidays, absences, new starts, inductions, performance reviews, training and welfare, etc.
- Assisting with the recruitment of new and freelance staff, updating/distributing any relevant documentation.
- Ensuring all statutory and regulatory requirements are met (H&S, fire procedures, equal opportunities, etc.)
- Providing administration support to designers and marketing team, aiding with scheduling, correspondence with clients and managing general enquiries.
- Liaising with and forming strong relationships with suppliers, overseeing the ordering, completion and invoicing of any print/production jobs.
- Providing PA support to company directors, dealing with administrative tasks allocated to you on an ad hoc basis.
- Maintaining good relationships with company clients and representing the company to a high standard at all times.
- Promoting the MadeBrave™ brand wherever possible, keeping online platforms updated ensuring the company presence is consistent and current
You will be working as part of a fast paced team, and should be highly organised. As well as being able to work under pressure, when the pressure’s off you’ll be happy to join group discussions, actively contribute to creative meetings and generally get involved in whatever might be happening in (or out of) the studio that day.
We are #TeamPositive — therefore it’s essential that you are (that’s right, you guessed it) – negative! No, wait — positive! We meant POSITIVE!!!
- Previous experience in an administrator role, preferably in a creative environment
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Computer literate and confident in MS Office
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and with a strong desire to grow with the MadeBrave® family
Wouldn’t go a miss:
- Knowledge of HR procedures
- Ability to make cracking tea and cocktails
Are you thinking what we’re thinking?
Then get your CV and covering letter over to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th Aril 2014, explaining why you would like to work with MadeBrave® and we’ll let you know if we’d like to get you in for a chat.