We test out the latest ‘it-gadget’ with some (almost) disastrous results.
Mini segway, smart scooter, electric self balance board, hoverboard (we love a hoverboard) whatever you want to call it, these things are the new ‘it gadget’ for geeks across the globe, including us. This week, we took our very own mini segway for a spin and let’s just say, it takes a while to get used to! Here are a few tips for doing just that…
- Make sure you have something/someone to hold on to when you first try it out (trust us).
- Do not wear high heels (we almost had a disaster) flat, comfortable shoes are the best bet.
- To go straight, slightly hunch your back, push your hips forward and thrust.
- This might sound crazy, but if you picture where you want to go in your mind, the mini segway will follow. Your body reacts to your thoughts and goes from there (oh, you clever brain, you!)
- If you want to spin (like a digital-age ballerina) lean ever so slightly to the side.
- When you’ve found your groove, tilt forward à la MJ in Smooth Criminal for some super segway speed.