Get ‘On Yer Bike!’ and race Team MadeBrave® at Pedal for Scotland from Twitter!
The Pedal for Scotland MadeBrave® Team Challenge is this Sunday (seriously, where has the time gone?) and apart from doing lunges and training on our Oculus Rift, we’ve been up to something rather exciting with our pals from NEU. Behold *drum roll please* ‘On Yer Bike!‘ – an interactive social media experience with bells on (pun absolutely intended).
Right, let’s explain how it works in bullet points before we start to hyperventilate and explode with excitement!
- There are two bikes, the Team MadeBrave® bike and the tweet-powered bike (yes, we did just say tweet-powered bike).
- The Team MadeBrave® bike gradually moves towards the finish line.
- To move the tweet-powered bike forward, tweet using hashtag #MadeBraveChallenge (either through the site itself or straight from Twitter)
- When you tweet using the hashtag (#MadeBrave Challenge, in case you missed it), you’ll be sent a tweet from our account with a link to the race.
- Watch your tweet run across the track (in the form of a little cartoon person) and power the bike forward! (MIND=BLOWN!)
- Keep tweeting using #MadeBraveChallenge to beat the MadeBrave® bike.
- The first bike to reach the finish line wins!
Needless to say, we’re buzzin’ out our bicycles about the whole shebang and can’t wait for everyone to get involved! Whether you’re taking part at Pedal for Scotland on Sunday (all participants welcome) or sitting at home with a cuppa tea and a tattie scone roll, you too can take part in the MadeBrave® Team Challenge and help raise awareness of Pedal For Scotland in aid of the amazing STV Appeal.
‘On Yer Bike!‘ officially launches on Sunday 6th September at 7:30am (that’s when the MadeBrave® Team Challenge race kicks off!) but if you fancy getting a head start, get tweeting with #MadeBraveChallenge now! See you at the starting line!
Also as part of the action, we’re hoping to raise £1000 for STV Appeal, if you fancy helping out, head over to our JustGiving page to donate.