Professional photographer = professional photographs.
It seems like a fairly simple equation (pretty much as close to maths as we’ll ever get) but if you ever question “should I hire a professional photographer?” guaranteed, we’ll be in the background waving our pom-poms in the air and cartwheeling into a gymnastic masterpiece that spells out the word YES in giant life-size letters (we don’t do things in half measures around here). The thing is, nothing should be done in half measures – imagine Oreos without the filling, or 80’s power ballads without saxophone solos? It’s just not right! The same goes for photography: There’s an old (albeit cliche) saying that says “a picture is worth a thousand words”, so it’s worth making sure those words are beautiful, high-quality and well-lit – you get the gist. If you’re still swaying towards your pal with an “alright camera”, here are a few reasons why you should invest in a pro…
What professional photography does for business
- Creates a brand that is instantly recognisable from its visual style – branding is about so much more than a logo after all.
- Makes your website look a thousand times better. Nuff said.
- Engages social media followers with content that they actually like to see and share (the MadeSocial team can help with everything – nudge nudge, wink wink)
- Keeps brand consistency on LinkedIn profiles/internal communications with professional team head shots (because nothing from an album called #IBIZAMADNESS2K14 is ever appropriate)
- Makes your products look super sexy with that “buy me, you know you want to” appeal.
The ol’ amateur vs pro debate
- They say it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert – when you hire a professional photographer, you’re investing in 1000s of hours in developing skills and expertise.
- Truth be told, photography is one of those things that doesn’t rely on talent alone. The quality of your kit (camera, lenses, lighting) has a lot to do with the outcome of the photos.
- Although an amateur might be able to take a good snapshot, a professional has additional skills in things like Photoshop to ensure the end result is perfect.
Convinced? Feel free to have a nosey of our photography folio online and get in touch.