If balance sheets and accounts processes are your jam, then we’ve got the mother of all PB-and-J sandwich jobs for you.
We’re looking for a new Financial Controller to help keep the business ticking along so that we can do what we do best – nailing projects for awesome brands. You will report to our non-exec Finance Director and COO – they’re nice guys, you’ll like them. So if you fancy joining a company where ‘Does anyone want a beer?’ is an FAQ, read on.
- Maintaining Xero accounting package, including processing all entries for MadeBrave Ltd and Created by Campfire Ltd.
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparation of month end journals, to include accounting for income recognition
- Invoice quality checking and preparation for dispatch
- Preparing payment runs for supplier payments
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reconciliations of balance sheet & nominal accounts
- Manage and process staff expenses, petty cash and credit cards
- Assist with WIP reports
- Cost centre accounting with Xero to enable project profitability review on a monthly basis
- Monthly management accounts preparation
- Reporting on monthly KPIs at monthly board meetings
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Implementation of robust cash flow forecasting system and regular maintenance of this
- Yearly budget preparation with quarterly reforecasting
- Helping prepare year end financial statements
- Review of monthly payroll and liaison with company accountants on payroll compliance
- Regular engagement with company bankers, lawyers and accountants
- Liaison with external R&D tax experts to ensure internal processes and reporting results in efficient R&D claims
- Autonomy to implement systems improvements
- Ad-hoc requests of a finance nature from the CEO, COO and non-exec FD
- You will ideally have:
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience working within a finance department
- Robust working knowledge of Xero (essential)
- Experience of monthly accounting processes and routines
- Part or fully qualified accountant
- Team player with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Experience of working within an agency environment (desirable)
The role would enable some ability for flexible working from home and ideally would be for applicants interested in a full-time position.
- 28 days off, inclusive of public holidays.
- Your Birthday off! Plus extra holidays for every year you’re with us.
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Company Pension
- Free access to online training platforms (Masterclass, Lynda.com, Agency Collective and more..).
- Ability to attend industry events (Marketing Society, TedX Glasgow…)
- Quarterly Fun budget (money towards staff events)
- Access to discounts for loads of cool brands
- Fun Fridays – Free beers, ciders, wine, cocktails or juice.
- Suprise free lunches (we’re big fans of mexican food or pizza, and we always have hot sauce).
- A dog friendly office!
- A kid & family friendly office (can’t get childcare for the day and need the kids to come in? Need to pick the kids up from school early? Got a kids sports day? If we can accomodate, we will! It’s life as well as work right? And we want our people’s people to feel part of the team too) – everyone’s welcome here.
- Flexible working hours (where possible)
- And more!
- Full-Time Position
- Based in Glasgow, Scotland – with flexibility to work from home.
- Salary: £30k – £35k DOE
- Application Deadline: Friday 4th January
Fancy joining us? Please send your CV and a cover letter with a wee bit about yourself, and let us know your notice period and current salary. Good luck!