Techy-types assemble! We’re looking for a Technical Director.
It’s that time again – we’re on the lookout for another newbie to join our award-winning team here at Casa MadeBrave; a Technical Director, to be exact. Small in size (not height), but big on talent, we’ve got a team of digital design and development wizards who deliver all of our client’s websites, apps and digital experiences. We need someone to be the Kirk to their Starship Enterprise, who will hit the ground running on our current projects, future opportunities and make sure we’re at the forefront of all things tech and digital.
Your job will be to…
- Lead and grow a small team of developers and drive the direction of the team
- Be responsible for upholding and improving our technical standards
- Work closely with account management, project management, creative and marketing teams to deliver outstanding digital projects
- Lead the development of technical strategies for new and existing clients
- Support the directors with new business pitches and proposals
- Review, optimise and document all our technical processes
- Be responsible for identifying, selecting and managing any outsourced technical partners
- Take ownership of your team by assisting with the on-boarding of new staff, line managing, mentoring and supporting their career progression
- Push the agency’s digital offering in new and exciting directions
- Previous experience as a technical lead or in a senior technical position, ideally within a digital agency or an in-house digital team
- Technical background in one or more backend languages (majority of our builds are in PHP)
- A track record of leading successful digital projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Technically minded, but able to cut through the jargon
- Excited about driving innovation across digital platforms
- A team player through and through
- Experience in hosting training workshops
- Public speaking experience
- A flair for writing about digital and technology
You’ll Feel at Home If:
- You’re a master of Mario Kart.
- You spend your Saturday nights swooning over websites (just us?)
- You’re the first of your pals to have the latest gadgets.
- Full access to our gadget collection (and a say in what we get next)
- Extra holidays (eg: your birthday and a bonus holiday for every year you’re with us past 2 years)
- Access to discounts to loads of cool brands (woo hoo!)
- Company-wide pension & bonus scheme
- Daily belly laughs
- Sometimes we bake
- Full Time Position
- Based in Glasgow, Scotland
- Salary D.O.E
- Application Deadline: 30th June
Sound like you? Send your CV, recent case studies and projects, along with details on your current salary and a bit about yourself here.
Psst – no recruitment agencies please. At the moment, we’re hoping to reach our potential applicants directly, but if we ever need a helping hand, we’ll give you a shout – promise.